Code of Conduct
Diversity and inclusion make our community strong. We encourage participation from the most varied and diverse backgrounds possible and want to be very clear about where we stand.
Our goal is to maintain a safe, helpful and friendly community for everyone.
This code and related procedures also apply to unacceptable behaviour occurring outside the scope of community activities, in all community venues— online and in-person— as well as in all one-on-one communications, and anywhere such behaviour has the potential to adversely affect the safety or well-being of community members.
We are a part of the larger Hack The Box community. We operate independently, but we respect their rules and boundaries.
- Be welcoming.
- Be kind.
- Look out for each other.
- Respect the community
The following behaviours are unacceptable in all Hack De Wereld Discord channels and direct messages, and in any physical or online events officially organised by its administrative team:
- Violence, threats of violence or violent language directed against another person.
- Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
- Posting or displaying sexually explicit or violent material.
- Posting or threatening to post other people’s personally identifying information (“doxing”).
- Personal insults, particularly those related to gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, or disability.
- Inappropriate photography or recording.
- Inappropriate physical contact. You should have someone’s consent before touching them.
- Unwelcome sexual attention. This includes sexualised comments or jokes, inappropriate touching, groping, and unwelcomed sexual advances.
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking or following (online or in person).
- Sustained disruption of community events, including talks and presentations.
- Sustained or disruptive demands for explanations or discussions of topics that are out of context, personal, or otherwise unwelcome.
- Providing spoilers for active Hack The Box challenges or machines,
- Any illegal (by law) hacking activities,
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behaviour.
This is not an exhaustive list. Remember the expected behaviours.
Understand that speech and actions have consequences, and unacceptable behaviour will not be tolerated.
- If an issue occurs, please contact an Moderator or Administrator. On Discord their names are highlighted in green.
- If violations occur, Moderators or Administrators will take any action they deem appropriate for the infraction, up to and including expulsion.
- There are moderation guidelines.
- If you believe that a Moderator or Administrator has not followed the moderation guidelines properly, please report this using the same methods as a Code of Conduct violation.
- For spoilers the following policy is in place:
- 1st time offense you will be warned
- Any following infraction will lead to a
tempmuteof 1 day
- Any continued activity will result in a ban from the channel
- Gross violation of the Hack The Box rules (we are part of their community) will get you reported to Hack The Box
Derived from the Slack Developer Community Code of Conduct and Citizen Code of Conduct under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license.